Sunday, October 23, 2011

Soybean Milk Maker

I have always been a soybean milk lover and took it a lot especially when I was breastfeeding as I found that it was able to increase my breast milk supply.  However, those commercially bought are either too sweet or they are just too expensive.  So, thanks to a friend of mine, I was given a brand new Empress soybean milk maker.  It is retailed at Cosway for RM200+ so needless to say, I was delighted when this friend of mine offered me hers FOC.  Many many thanks!

The Empress soybean milk maker is really easy to use.  I just need to soak the soybeans overnight (it was stated at the recipe book that soaking for min 6 hours will be sufficient).  The very next day, the soaked soybeans are ready to be grinded into soybean milk.  I have made a few batches and prefer to add in some black beans to the soybeans.  Adding some screwpine (pandan) leaves also give the milk a very nice aroma.  I like mine unsweetened, thus did not put any sugar in it.   The results?  The soybean (+ black beans) milk is yummy!

Empress Soybean Milk Maker and Soybean Milk


The okara, or what is left of the soybean can be made into delicious and nutritious food.  My maid fried it with some sliced carrot, sliced onions, flour and seasonings.  The resulted cake is just as yummy as the soybean milk.


Okara

Fried Okara

6 comments:

  1. sukatan dia mcm man yer? bnyk mana kena ltk air ngn soya bean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May i know how was the machine? Nice to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada buku resipi dalam soybean maker ni. Ikut sukatan dalam resipi je.

    A recipe book comes with the soybean maker. Just follow the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the machine is very nice and easy to use

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I have the exactly the same soy milk maker machine as yours. But I have lost my recipe book T.T... May I know how much the water and soy bean that need to be put???

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to the recipe book, you need to use 7g soyabean. After soaking for at least 5 hours, then you can start making the soybean milk. You need to put the water up to the level marked at the soybean maker. Not below and not above.

    ReplyDelete