Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NV50: My New Sewing Machine

Sewing has been my new found hobby since I had the girls.  I enjoy sewing clothes for them and full of pride when my girls are wearing the clothes that I sewn.  Of course, the occasional praises and admirations from relatives also helped boost my interest in sewing.   My interest in this hobby extended towards me willing to spend a day at the Nippori Textile Town in Tokyo, sourcing for nice and cheap fabric rather than going sightseeing at the Land of the Rising Sun.

All these while, my sewings were done using a cheap electrical sewing machine that I bought from Carrefourre.  Been eyeing the Brother NV50 sewing machine for a long time and it has been a constant internal struggle for me on whether or not to buy the NV50.  So, following the announcement of the PM to give half month bonus to civil servant just before Raya, I was seen enjoying myself at the sewing machine shop and later, carrying the box containing the NV50 into my car.




It would not be exaggerating to say that I do not know what a sewing machine is till I tried on the NV50.  Oh my!  It is so quiet and I can just let the fabric glides by without really doing much.  There are numerous stitching patterns to choose from.  The thing I like about the NV50 is that it can also do the edge finishing, quite similar to a serger.  No more trips to the serger for me. 

I have since finished 2 pretty dresses for the girls and intend to sew more in the days to come.  Is NV50 a sound investment, even if it is just for hobby?  A definite YES!

1 comment:

  1. Fluene, where did you get your furniture from? They are nice!!

    YY

    ReplyDelete