Friday, October 28, 2011

New 'Zara' Dress

It is most fortunate for me to have two beautiful daughters.  I can dress them up and never feel bored in doing so.  Perhaps my girls do not even know or appreciate just how well dressed they are, but a compliment or two from friends and relatives doesn't hurt either.

Having recently acquired a brand new Brother NV50 sewing machine, I am all eager to sew for my girls again.  I said 'again' as my sewing has gone 'cold' lately due to the terrible morning sickness that I have been having.   I had in mind the similar pattern of a beautiful Zara dress which I bought for the girls lately.  So there I go, measuring and cutting and sewing.  Funny thing is my girls reenact my action of measuring their bodies with whatever they can find, string, ribbon, etc.  It amused all of us to see them do that.  It just shows how much our action affects children.

The Zara dress was completed in just one day.  May I say I am impressed with the NV50 for edge finishing.  Not quite like a serger, but good enough.  I chosed to use the fabric that I bought from the morning market in my hometown some time ago.  Fabrics sold there are dirt cheap.  Only RM3 per meter. 


Original Zara Dress

So, here's the dress.  My maid and MIL said it look nicer than the original Zara dress.  More body, they said.  Whether or not they are just being polite, I am most willing to accept their compliment at its face value.   :D


My own creation of the  'Zara Dress'

No comments:

Post a Comment