Saturday, January 19, 2013

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

The main reason I bought the ice cream maker which I made the Chocolate Ice Cream with was to make frozen yogurt. I figured it is a healthier option than ice cream and definitely cheaper than buying them outside.   It is only today that I really get down to make it.  I have chosen strawberry as my debut.


Ingredients :

2 1/2 cups     natural low fat yogurt
1       cup       thickened cream
2       tbsps    brown sugar
1       cup      fresh strawberries



Method :

1) Pureed the strawberries with a food processor.
2) Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4) Churn the mixture with the ice cream maker for 35 minutes.
5) Keep in freezer till set.


The frozen yogurt is a bit to the sour side.  Drizzling with honey helps tame the sour.  One can still taste the fresh strawberries in the yogurt.  Definitely an advantage over artificial flavouring.


Churning in process






Served with fresh strawberry

  
Served with Chocolate Sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment