Monday, January 7, 2013

DIY Paper Flowers

After Christmas and New Year, the next major festival is the Chinese New Year (CNY).  CNY this year falls on the 10th February. Although more than 1 month ahead, shopping malls in the city have put up their decorations for the festival as soon as they tore down the Christmas decor.

My MIL likes to have reds all around the house during CNY.  Red means good fortune and good luck.  We used to put up large chinese knots and flower balls in red year after year.  Thinking of doing something more and different this time round.

I have some leftover beads from the christmas tree decors that I made.  Using them and some colored papers to make flower papers this time for CNY.  Although I know my MIL would prefer red than any other colors, it is a disaster to put up only red flowers as the backdrop is a dark veneer panel in deep chestnut color.  Red vs chestnus..... maybe not.  That is why I matched the red with lots of yellow, to make them stand out.

Having said that, red flower balls are still a must.  We will be putting them up along with the flowers tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment