Friday, July 20, 2012

Cheese Bread

Have not been baking bread lately, all because I devoted my time in practising my cake baking and decorating skill in preparation for the girls birthday next month.  However, my hands were itching to try a new recipe that I adapted from the book 'The World of Bread' by Alex Goh.  It seems to be a pretty easy recipe and the plus point is that there is no need to prepare the water roux beforehand.  Sometimes my bread baking mood is dampened by not having the water roux prepared well in advanced and since this recipe does not call for it, thus, I can start baking anytime I want.  

Ingredients :

A
150g   bread flour
250g   plain flour
20g    sugar
1tsp   salt
2tsp   instant yeast


B
220ml   cold milk
1           egg

C
30g   butter

D
30g   cheese, cut into cubes
30g   roasted almonds flakes

E
20g  almonds flakes
20g  cheese, cut into cubes

F
Cheese slices (as desired)



Method :

1) Mix A till well blended and add B.  Knead to form a dough.
2) Add C and knead till the dough becomes smooth and elastic.  Divide into 2 portions and let rest for 10 mins.
3) Roll the dough flat and spread with butter.  Sprinkle D on top and roll like a Swiss roll.
4) Cut each dough pieces into 3 and place in sandwich moulds, with the cut sides facing up.
5) Cover and let it proof for 1.5 hours.
6) Egg wash the surface and sprinkle with E.
7) Bake in preheated oven at 190 deg C for 20 mins.
8) Take the bread out of the oven and quickly place F on top.
9)  Bake for another 5 mins. Unmould immediately and let cool.


The bread is delightfully soft and taste good.  The original recipe calls for the use of oregano, which I omitted as my girls do not find the taste of the oregano palatable.  It is nevertheless, delicious and kids love the taste of the cheese embedded within and on the surface of the bread.

















No comments:

Post a Comment