Monday, June 4, 2012

Party Dress for the Twins

Weeks ago, I stumbled upon a stall that sells pretty clothes for kids.  The designs were very nice and workmanship was good too.  The price tags, of course, were nothort.  Each piece of clothing costs at least RM80++. 

There was one design that I particularly like. Thus, I decided to sew it on my own, just for the fun of it.  Not that my girls have any party to attend.

Bought one meter of india satin which cost RM16.90 per meter.  I particularly like the blue although the original dress that I saw was grey in color.  The cloth is shiny and smooth to touch.  Used the satin cloth for the bottom while the top is made of organza. 

I would say the completed dress is lovelier than I anticipated although it is no where near the pretty original that I saw.  I know now that I am capable of sewing party dresses for my girls.   This will save us a lot of money in the long run...





No comments:

Post a Comment