Monday, June 11, 2012

Cheesy Bun

The girls love it when I bake.  Not sure whether they like to watch me working or like to eat whatever it is that I am making, it s a delight to see their hopeful looks and enthusiasms.  Since I am at home today nursing a bad viral infection, I thought that I might as well try on a new recipe rather than lying down all the time.  All the sleeping is giving me more headache than the virus.

This is another recipe given by my sis.  She loves this very much and claimed that this will make me cry if the pumpkin bread that she shared with me earlier didn't.  So here's the recipe :


Ingredients :

300g      Bread flour
30g        Sugar
1/2tsp    Salt
3/4tsp    Yeast
198g      Milk
20g        Butter


Method :

1) Mix all ingredients except butter and knead till well mixed.
2) Add in butter and knead till the dough is plastiky and does not stick to your hands.
3) Let proof for 1 hour.
4) After proofing, divide the dough into 9 portions.
5) Shape into rounds and let proof for another 30 minutes.
6) Egg brush and sprinkle some cheese on top.
7) Baked in preheated oven (180 deg C) for 20 - 25 minutes.








Couldn't resist taking a bite when it was still steaming hot.  I would say it is heavenly and I like it better than the pumpkin bread.  But still, it didn't make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment