Tuesday, June 5, 2012

DIY Liquid Breast Milk Soap

Following the success in breast milk soap making, I decided to try my hand on making liquid breast milk (bm) soap instead.  I personally prefer liquid soap as it is more convenient.  Plus, I don't fancy the slimy bar of soap, especially when the bar is finishing. 

The liquid bm soap that I made comprised of palm olein, olive oil, breast milk and dashes of lavender essential oil.  The liquid bm soap is made using the hot process.  It is a tedious process and I felt like my arm was at the point of breaking from all the stirring as I do not have an electric blender.   The whole process took more than 4 hours.

Once the soap base is done, I diluted part of it with water.  The first dilution was too watery while the second batch was just right.  Althought it can be used right away as the saponification process would have been completed during the hot process, nevertheless, I feel it is better to be safe and let it cure for 4 weeks before using.    The liquid soap is foamy from the shaking and handling during the dilution.  It will settle and the liquid soap will become transparent in a few days time.

Liquid breast milk soap making service is available. Please enquire within at ngmh@yahoo.com



4 comments:

  1. Hi...how did u keep the soap..did u left it in room temperature or keep it into the fridge...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep it in room temperature. There is no need to be kept in fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. will be soap smell of breast milk and how long can it be kept?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it doesn't smell of breast milk. It smells like unscented soap. I have kept it for 1 1/2 years without any problem.

    ReplyDelete