Thursday, June 14, 2012

DIY Sugar Scrub

While whipping the shea butter cream the other day, my mother in law (MIL) commented that cosmetics are very expensive these days. She mentioned in particular, body scrub. Since she brought it up, I thought that I might as well diy one for her.

The simplest diy scrub I can think of is the sugar scrub.  Ingredients needed are :

Brown sugar
Castor sugar
Olive oil
Grapeseed oil

Method :

Mix the sugars together.  Add in the olive oil and grapeseed oil alternately, a little at a time while mixing with the sugars.  The amount of oil needed depends on the consistency of the scrub that you desire.  I prefer mine to be just slightly 'wet'.









The scrub can be used right away.  It should be used on dried skin as water will dissolve the sugar.  The oil in the scrub will leave a lovely, soft feeling to the skin. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. i do that too, just i use white sugar and olive oil only. You can add some cleansing oil for easy to clean (I normally just add a little of normal shower gel, so smell good) scrub, scrub and rinse away. no need to cleanse with body shampoo after that.

    ReplyDelete