Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

When my sis said that there is a recipe for an ultra soft pumpkin bread, naturally, I am curious to try it out.  My sis claimed that the bread she baked using this recipe was so good that she almost cried.  We'll see...

Ingredients :

250g   bread flour
50g     brown sugar
1/2tsp  salt
1tbsp  milk powder
1tsp    yeast
1        egg
20g    milk
50g    whipping cream
60g    pumpkin puree
30g    butter
pumpkin seeds (optional)
sesame seed (optional)


Instructions :

1.  Mix all the ingredients except butter and knead till well mixed.
2.  Add in butter and knead till the dough turns elastic and not stick to the hands.
3.  Let proof for 45 minutes
4.  Divide the dough into 9 equal parts.
5.  Roll each of the part and place on a baking tray.
6.  Let it rest for 20 mins.
7.  Egg wash the dough and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds or sesame seeds on top for garnishing.
8.  Bake at a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15 mins.


 The original recipe details the kneading of the bread dough manually.  I am too lazy and too busy to do it manually, thus, I put in all the ingredients in the breadmaker, select the bread dough function and let it does its job.  While waiting for the dough to be ready, I played with my girls and tuck them to bed thereafter.

Once the girls were asleep, it was time to remove the  dough from the breadmaker.  The bread can be easily baked as a toast using the breadmaker as well.  However, I prefer to make them into buns.  Thus, I shaped and baked it using conventional oven.

The bread smells really good during baking.  It turned out well too.  Soft and not too sweet.  However, it did not reduce me to tears as what my sis claimed the bread nearly did to her.  Perhaps I was thinking about the butter and the whipping cream everytime I took a bite.




No comments:

Post a Comment