Saturday, May 26, 2012

CupCakes for Kids Tea Party

Having kids at kindergarten these days is not the same as our time at the kindy.  These days, parents are supposed to contribute to whatever activities the kids are having.  The girls' kindy had a tea party on the very last schooling day before the mid year break.

Been contemplating what to contribute.  Cookies?  Cakes?  Toys? Finally decided to bake cupcakes for them.  Found out that there are 22 kids in the girls' class.  Added the 2 teachers, that makes 24 of them. 

So, the eve of the tea party saw me taking the day off from work and busied myself weighing, measuring and baking.  I decided to bake more so that there are spares if anything goes wrong.  Baked 3 rounds, and got myself 36 chocolate cupcakes. 

It was my first time making buttercream on my own.  Got the recipe from a fellow mummy in the MC group.  The buttercream turned out well.  However, the purple color was not what I expected.  Instead of a sharp purple, it turned out to look 'dirty' instead.  The green however, turned out fine.  The decoration is a simple one.  Bought some ladybird and angry bird sugar figurines from a baking supplies store nearby.  












My decor skill is just so so.  Lots of room for improvement.  But, at least my girls have something to bring to the school the very next day.  

I kept imagining the excitement and thrill look on the children's faces when they see the cupcakes.  However, on another thought... a bunch of 2.5 - 4 year old kids eating cupcakes... it will be a mess!!  The teachers and cleaners at the kindergarten are going to hate me for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment