Friday, May 18, 2012

Lavender BM Soap

Breastfeeding is never an easy job.  One day you worried about the lack of bm supply.  Then you worry about how to fully utilised all the expressed breastmilk (ebm) you have got the next.  I have thrown away at least 100oz of ebm that has gone spoilt when our fridge broke down during my confinement month.  Imagine those hard work and late night
pumping that has gone wasted?

So, in order to make full use of the ebm, I have decided to follow many mummies that I get to know in MC in ebm soap making.  Tried on making ebm soap bars first.

The ebm soap bar that I made consists of palm oil, olive oil and ebm of course.  The scent of unscented soap really turned me off.  Thus, I added in a few drops of lavender essential oil.  The scent of the lavender is so relaxing and plus the fact that lavender acts as antibacteria, they will be added feature to my soap.

Soap making is not that hard.  Perhaps my chemistry knowledge and trainings all these years make it easy for me.  However, it isn't so when it comes to cutting the soap bars.  My cutting sucks big time resulting in uneven bars.  Plus, the edges looked like it is bitten by mouse.  Finally had to resort to camouflage the ugly cut soap bars by packaging.

The soap itself turned out well with a nice almond color, and hint of lavender scent.  Will have to wait for 6 weeks for it to cure before I can test and tell how it fares.  However, it sure does its job in cleaning all the utensils that I used during the soap making process.




No comments:

Post a Comment