Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Frozen 5th Birthday

It is the girls' birthday, finally!  And the Frozen fever continues......

The girls requested for a Frozen theme birthday cake and I came with this idea, a Queen Elsa cake with a long, flowy gown and train.

Couldn't find the original Elsa doll by Mattel locally and I had to make do with the Rapunzel.  Elsa is regal and cool while Rapunzel looks a bit too sweet as Elsa.  But at least she has the long straight hair which I could braid it up easily. 


 
 
 

The cake that I made is not the usual princess gown cake with the doll in the middle.  The doll is in front instead.  The cake is at the back, covered with fondant 'train'.  This is the first time I make cake of this style.  There is lot to improve but overall I am pleased with the result.




 
 
 





 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
The Elsa and Anna plush dolls that I ordered online arrived just the day before.  Just in time for the birthday celebration.












The girls are thrilled with the cake, exclaiming it is very pretty.  But to my dismay, they requested a cake of another style for the celebration at the kindergarten, consisting of the whole Frozen gang, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, Sven and Hahn.  With just days to the celebration at the kindergarten, I will have to crack my head to come out with a brand new cake design.


No comments:

Post a Comment