Friday, March 15, 2013

Princess Jasmine's Costume

My girls were invited to a Princess theme party recently.  At first I thought that they can go as civilians, since I am a bit lazy to sew lately.  After some thoughts, I felt that it would be exciting to sew a princess costume for them, even if it is just to challenge my sewing skills.  So off I went to google images of the Disney's princesses. 

Belle (Beauty and the Beast)'s costume seems a bit complicated and overkill while Ariel the mermaid does not look suitable.  I shortlisted Snow White, Princess Jasmine (Aladdin) and Cinderella.  Snow White's outfit looks nice but I would imagine my girls to hate the big back collar.  Finally, I settled for Princess Jasmine and Cinderella.

Princess Jasmine's costume looks nice and it is something different from the usual big gown princess outfits we often see.  I did some modifications to it though as the off shoulders looks a bit revealing and my girls do not like anything hanging at their shoulders or arms. 

Although initially I planned to only sew one costume each, I ended up sewing one of each costume for each of my girls.  So now I ended up with two Princess Jasmine : one in blue and another in lilac.




No comments:

Post a Comment