Friday, May 24, 2013

Handmade Belle's Costume

For Christmas last year, my girls received the limited edition Tupperware water bottles, featuring the Disney Princesses. The entire set consists of Snow White, Cinderella, Belle and Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. My elder girl got the Snow White while the younger one received Belle.

When I finished sewing the Snow White costume the other day, naturally the girls thought that I am going to sew Belle's costume next, as they were thinking that I was sewing according to the water bottles. They were a bit disappointed when I said no. But after some considerations, I started to think, why not?

So here it is,  my own handmade Belle's gown. A little modification need to be made though. I had to add straps to the gown as unlike adults, kids do not have boobs to keep the bodice in place. 

Tried to take pictures of the girls descending the stairs, just like in the cartoon. However, the models were not that cooperative. Oh well.. next time then.



















No comments:

Post a Comment