Friday, April 12, 2013

DIY Barbie Doll House

Every little girl yearns of Barbie.  I myself am no exception.  Unfortunately, I never have a Barbie when I was young.  So when the daddy bought Barbie dolls for the girls, mummy is the one having fun with them.  

Having a Barbie doll is without meaning without the change of clothes or a doll house.  I attempted to sew the clothes for the dolls last week and I must say that it is enjoyable.  Ventured into making a doll house next.

I love the idea of having an outdoor for the doll house.  Thus, I made the house to have 3 storeys, with the top floor being smaller than the lower storeys and there is an outdoor area.

The frame of the doll house is made of cardboard boxes.  While the furniture are made of either shoes boxes, containers or cardboards.  This is sort of a recycled items project.

With the exception of the kitchen set, decorative food items, golf sets, teddy bear, floor mats and the large flower pot, all of the rest are handmade by myself. 

The decorative food items and golf sets are actually erasers that I bought from Daiso, Tokyo a few years ago, meaning to give them to my nieces.  However, they laid forgotten in the boxes till I came across them again when I spring cleaned earlier of the year. 

I am very satisfied with the outcome and I hope the girls will like it too.


Materials used for the Doll House




The Finished Result



 
 






 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment