Saturday, April 1, 2017

Hokkaido Milk Buns


My children love when I bake.  They love everything that I made for them.

Here is a soft and delicious Hokkaido Milk Bun recipe that I stumbled in the internet. Its fragrance penetrated the whole house and the texture is just oh so soft.  It is a sure winner with my kids.  Every. Time.


Ingredients :

470g bread flour
63g   plain flour
250g low fat milk
200g whipping cream
1 egg
2tbsp milk powder
4tbsp sugar
3tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt


Instructions:

Mix all ingredients and knead till the dough is no longer sticky.  Let proof for 1 hour.  Divide the dough into balls of 70g each.  Shape into rounds.  Let rest for another 1 hour.

Egg wash and bake in preheated oven at 190 degree Celcius for 20-30 mins.

I have made this several times, tweaking the recipe every now and then.  I would say that the amount of milk and whipping cream can be adjusted as long as the total amount of these two is 450g.  However, I always make it a habit to use less whipping cream as it would be healthier, but then, the choice is yours.

Happy baking!








No comments:

Post a Comment