Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY Queen Elsa's Costume

Disney's latest production, Frozen, is an instant hit worldwide.  It is said to be the most successful production ever.  My girls and I like it a lot too.  So it is no surprise that the girls requested for the Elsa and Anna's costume.   So, the ever obliging mummy put her head together to come out with the costume for them.
The Elsa's costume was put on hold for some time as I was busy with the Chinese new year preparation. Only after the CNY is over that I found time to sew it.  Some modifications were made as the original Elsa's costume has an off shoulder top, which is quite difficult and uncomfortable for children to wear.  Also, the front slit of the dress is too high and sexy to my liking.  
Once completed, the girls just can't wait to try it on.  They were delighted with the long train and I must say that the dress itself is beautiful.  I wish I can capture the glitter of the top and the train in the pictures.
Let it go....
Let it go........




Queen Elsa of Frozen



2 comments: