Friday, February 10, 2012

'Famous Amos' Cookies

My sis is my constant supplier of recipes.   From where she got all these, I have no idea. Anyway, she claimed that this recipe yields cookies which is equivalent to the 'Famous Amos'  cookies.  I remember having a similar recipe years ago but lost it.  So I am very pleased to get my hands on this again.  So here it goes:


Ingredients :


A)
Butter 230g
Brown Sugar 50g
Caster sugar 50g
Vanila extract - 1tsp
egg - one (50-55g)
 
B)
Top flour 110g (sifted)
Soda powder 1tsp
Salt - a little bit
cinamon Powder 1/s tsp 
 
C)
Semi sweet chocolate chip - 200g
Raisins  100g
Walnut (toasted) - 1 cup (grinded)
Quaker Instant Oatmeal- 250g (grinded)
 
 
Method :
 
1. Mixed well sugar, brown sugar and butter
2. Add in vanila and cinnamon powder, mix well
3. Add in B, mix well
4  Add in chocolate, oat and walnut.  Mix till well blended.
5. Bake at 180 degree C for  15-18 minutes
 
This is a super fast recipe.  I had the cookies done in no time at all.  
 
The cookies do taste like those of Famous Amos.  I personally do not like the raisins though.  Will omit it the next time I bake this again.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment