Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fish Head Noodle

I don't pretend to be an expert when it comes to food. Normally I will just eat whatever it comes to my mind without really considering the taste. So when DH and I happened to come across the fish head noodle shop featured in The Star on 19 March 2009, we decided to give it a try.


As featured in the paper, the restaurant is named Ho A Seafood Steamboat. It was 8:30am on a Sunday morning when we reached there but the restaurant is already almost full. DH ordered fish head noodle while I ordered fish paste noodle. I did not place high expections as fish noodle is not really my thing.


Although not much of expectation, nevertheless, I was dissappointed to see the noodle is those normal mi hun whereby I have always thought that fish noodle should come in those thick mi hun instead. The soup taste ok though it is not exactly excellent. DH has the same opinion. I was more dissappointed when I took a bite of my fish paste. It taste really 'fishy'. Perhaps it is my sensitive pregnancy tastebud but I couldn't bring myself to take another bite so I left all the fish paste for DH. DH gave me a bite of his fish head. It tastes much better than the fish paste. Being dissappointed with my fish paste noodle, I contented myself with enjoying the sour taste of pickles and tomatoes that are in my soup.


For RM6.50 per bowl, the noodles are a bit expensive as the taste is nothing to hoo hah about. At least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment